Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
Application start date: January 23, 2023
Application end date: March 19, 2023
Who should Apply:
- High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- College freshmen in good standing and on track for promotion in June
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
Student must be between 16-22 years of age at start of program
Student must attend school or live in Manhattan or Staten Island
Student must be interested in a career in the health field
Student must provide two recommendations; one from a teacher or faculty member.
*Placement will be based on CDC and NYC Dept of Health guidelines.
**To provide a safe educational environment for all of our high school, college and graduate pipeline programs, MSI AHEC will follow current CDC and Institutional guidelines for the Summer 2023 sessions; requiring that all students participating in all programs follow social distancing, wear a mask, and proof of vaccination will be required. These rules will be amended as new guidelines or regulations become effective.