Health Careers Internship Program (HCIP)
Application start date: February 17, 2023
Application end date: May 1, 2023
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Networking opportunities with 2nd year medical students and professionals
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
2023 Summer Program Session: June 26 -Aug 4, 2023
- Students will report to placement sites Monday through Thursday, and will have didactic sessions with medical and nursing students on Fridays.
- Online Application: Includes Basic Information, Health Interests, and Essay
- Resume and Transcripts: Please email a current copy of your unofficial transcript from the college you last attended and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommendations: Please provide TWO letters of recommendation. At least one should be from a professor, and another should be from an employer, supervisor, or mentor. Please send all letters of recommendation on official letterhead directly to email@example.com.
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
*Placement will be based on CDC and NYC Dept of Health guidelines.
**To provide a safe educational environment for all of our high school, college and graduate pipeline programs, MSI AHEC will follow current CDC and Institutional guidelines for the Summer 2023 sessions; requiring that all students participating in all programs follow social distancing, wear a mask, and proof of vaccination will be required. These rules will be amended as new guidelines or regulations become effective.