Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
Applications for 2020 SHIP are now closed.
Who should Apply:
- High school sophomores,juniors, and seniors
- College freshmen in good standing and on track for promotion in June
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
- Student must be between 16-22 years of age at start of program
- Student must attend school or live in Manhattan or Staten Island
- Student must be a United States Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Student must be interested in a career in the health field
- Student must provide two recommendations; one from a teacher or faculty member.