The Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine is accepting applications for the 2018 Project P.R.E.M.E.D. program.
Project P.R.E. M.E.D. (Providing Real World Experiences for future Marshall Educated Doctors) is a medical school information and exploration program designed to expose, recruit, retain and support ethnic minority college freshman, sophomore, junior and seniors from historically disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds. The Project P.R.E. M.E.D. program is an excellent exposure opportunity to the health professions and medical school process. Students selected participate in an immersion program that exposes them to life as a medical student and life in medical school.
The Project P.R.E.M.E.D. program sponsored by the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine Office of Diversity & Inclusion and the Marshall University Office of Intercultural Affairs. This year’s program will take place July 22-26, 2018. Participant housing and three (3) meals day will be provided by Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine Office of Diversity & Inclusion; The only participant expense is transportation to and from Huntington, WV.
Project P.R.E. M.E.D. students participate in a five-day visit to the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine campus. Participants will:
- Tour the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine.
- Attend medical school classes and meet faculty participating in medical research.
- Participate in hands-on activities with physicians, physician residents and medical students.
- Meet medical school and university administrators as well as community leaders.
- Receive a medical student mentor who will serve as a personal guide during the undergraduate experience and medical school process.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 (We will work with students that may be a bit under the 3.0 GPA).
- Be a college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior;
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or university administrator.
- Personal statement.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required (copy of birth certificate, passport, etc.).
Please feel free to contact me with any questions on (304) 691-1607, E-Mail email@example.com or Taylor Ryan, Diversity & Inclusion Outreach Coordinator on (304)-691-8638, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.